What is happening:
(While playing as a foal) After talking to Stoneshadow and telling him that he will be arrested if he doesn't give up the slowing salt, you return to Minister Spindle only for the quest to bug out and complete after returning the salts to her, the quest rewards XP as normal and the item disappears from inventory, but the quest remains open and talking to Spindle again, the quest can be retaken again, only for the player to be able to complete it normally by siding with Stoneshadow. The quest then completes as normal, but as the first time taking it keeps the quest open, the player can take the quest yet again following the same path, effectively exploiting the bug to gain 1000 XP for all fields (foal, cooking, ect.).
What should be happening:
After talking to Minister Spindle, the quest should complete and not be available to be taken again and marked as complete in the players quest log.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Talk to Minister Spindle as a foal
- Acquire quest "The Letter of the Law vs. The Spirit of the Law"
- Talk to Stoneshadow and tell him he will be arrested if he doesn't give up the slowing salts
- Take slowing salts back to Spindle
- Complete quest by talking to her but notice the exclamation point remains above her head upon completion.
- Talk to Spindle again and offer help (if quest has completed but not showing complete in quest log)
- Take quest again and follow through siding with Stoneshadow.
- Talk to Spindle again, then Stoneshadow to complete the quest. (quest completes normally, 1000 XP to foal, cooking, combat, flying/magic/ect., medical, ect.)
- Look at quest log and see the quest has not completed.
- Talk to Spindle and begin quest again.
- Rinse and repeat steps 6 - 8.
- Look at quest log again only to see the quest has not completed again.